Continuing with our “green” products for the month of March, I present to you…. KIWI® Magazine!
A great resource for parents concerned with eco-friendly products, trends, and organic foods is KIWI® Magazine. This magazine is specifically designed to aid parents in “growing families the natural and organic way.” I came across the March 2012 issue while I was grocery shopping a couple weeks ago and could not put it down! It is filled with helpful tips, tricks, ad tweaks to making your families’ lives more healthy, organic, and eco-friendly. After further inspection of the magazine’s website, I came across the following information that really encompasses the mission of the publication:
‘KIWI® helps parents make the best choices about health, food, home life, and more, so they can feel good about their families and the future.
- Whatever you can do to support health—whether in yourself, your family, your community, or the planet—is better than nothing.
- Buy organic foods as often as you can, but when you can’t, choose locally grown produce in season and natural brands.
- With busy schedules, we know every meal may not be healthy, so make as many balanced and nutritious meals as you can, and pat yourself on the back for each and every one.
- It’s not easy to control everything your kids eat. Allow them to try out new foods when they go to friends’ houses, and remember what they eat may be up to their friends’ parents!
- Be more eco-friendly by recycling, walking, or taking public transit instead of driving. Use air conditioning or heat more sparingly and turn off lights when you leave a room. Over time, little bits add up to a lot.
- Show your children how to appreciate what they have compared to others. Volunteering or sponsoring a child through World Vision is a great start. Our goal of developing kind, caring children who will turn into kind, caring adults may be a long-term one, but starting now will get them there faster.
- A kiwi is a unique shade of green. And, we are that, too. Our goal is to give you the tools to be as environmentally conscious as possible with realistic advice that fits into your hectic lifestyle. We know it’s not easy to be totally green; we want to show you how even the smallest steps can make a difference.”
In addition to the print version of the magazine you can subscribe to or purchase in your local organic grocery store, you can also visit www.kiwimagonline.com for a plethora of information! Have you been looking for some family friendly organic recipes, information about homeopathy, fun crafts and activities for your children? Look no further, KIWI® Magazine has all the information you are looking for, all in one incredible resource! BONUS: even the advertisements throughout the magazine are for organic and eco-friendly products! Trust me, this magazine will help you easily transition your home to a more natural, healthy, and fun place by inspiring you to be more conscious about the foods, products, and activities you bring into it!